Follow callmekayla on Twitter
Get 15% off your total purchase at EdenFantasys.com when you use my affiliate number- FNW

Friday, May 14, 2010

Cancer

Cancer.  Scary word, huh?  We all wish it never will happen to us and our loved ones.  But, we are only human and can get sick.  It's just life, as much as that really sucks.  And, we can't do a whole lot about it.

Lately, I've been noticing these buttons on a lot of blogs.  They say "Mission Monkey".  I had no clue what they meant.  I just see this adorable baby girl on the button and keep scrolling because I had no clue what what it was about.  But, then I was on Carrie's Rambles blog, and it explained why these buttons are all over the blogsphere. 

This innocent, adorable little 16 month old baby girl is sick.  With cancer.  Every parent's worst nightmare. 

When I was about 5 or 6 six years old, my cousin Renee died.  She was a mother of 4 and she died of cancer.  Not the same type of cancer this child now has, mind you.  But, she was sick as well.  Being I was so young at the time, I can't remember her now.  But, I have watched her kids, my older cousins, grow up without her.  I watched how it affected my aunt and uncle (her parents, their only child), and how her husband raised their kids on his own.

I don't want to see this family go through that.  And, I know you guys don't either.  I figure, if I didn't know what those buttons were for, then it might be that some of you guys didn't know either.  That's why I am writing this post.  To let you guys know that one of our fellow bloggers needs support. 

Her own blog can be found here.  You can give her emotional support by writing her.  And, there is a PayPal link where you can donate any amount of money you can afford if you can.

I know a lot you bloggers are mothers.  While I myself am not a mother, I still know the pain of losing loved ones.  If you can, help this family out, whether emotionally or financially.  We all know that money holds no true value when it comes to our loved ones health, and treatments can be so expensive. 


 This is Monkey.  Isn't she beautiful?  She has neuroblastoma, a form of cancer.  I myself had never heard of the term before, so I looked it up.  By clicking the link you can read up a little on the illness.  Reading her mother's blog, Momma's Pixie Dreams, will put you in tears.  I myself can not stand by and see this happen.  I can't. 

Bloggers, I propose something.  Why don't we get together and put on a giveaway?  Only people who donate can enter.  No limit on the amount though, because times are economically tough.  We can go through PayPal, and we can have a dollar amount goal.  Once the goal is reached, maybe we can toss more in.  What do you say?  If anyone wants to help me with this idea, please either leave me a message with your email address, or contact me through the contact form.

If this were you, you would not want to do this alone.  I would not want to do this alone.  So, how about we try to do this together?

0 comments: